State and local agency personnel working in the support staff capacity with the Illinois WIC Program.
09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
This training has been designed to address the needs of those, new and experienced, who are involved in the daily support of the WIC program. This training will provide training on WIC policy, income and eligibility determination, and a “hands-on” approach to the IWIC software system including: client enrollment, referring and scheduling clients and EBT issuance.
July 14, 2022: registration closes July 7, 2022
August 11, 2022: registration closes August 4, 2022
September 15, 2022: registration closes September 2, 2022
October 6, 2022: registration closes September 23, 2022
November 10, 2022: registration closes October 28, 2022
December 8, 2022: registration closes November 25, 2022
January 19, 2023; registration closes January 6, 2023
February 9, 2023: registration closes January 27, 2023
March 16, 2023: registration closes March 3, 2023
April 13, 2023: registration closes March 31, 2023
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
Reference the WIC Policy and Procedure Manual regarding support staff responsibilities including the eligibility requirements of the WIC Program
Access the IWIC system and accurately complete a participant search
Demonstrate proficiency in enrolling new participants in IWIC
Demonstrate an understanding of support staff responsibilities for various types of visits including benefit issuance, future appointment scheduling and participant referrals
Special Instructions: In order for staff attending this training to receive the greatest benefit, the attendee should have at least one month of experience in the role of Frontline staff. Attendees must also complete the following on the Frontline Orientation checklist:
1. Illinois WIC Management Information System (MIS) Basics – All sections
2. Illinois WIC Frontline Role and Eligibility Determination Process – All sections
3. Illinois WIC Frontline Role with Nutrition Education, Documentation and Customer Services (PCS) – All sections
4. Illinois Authorized WIC Food List
5. Illinois Authorized WIC LA Vendor List
6. Complete the New User System Access Request; Initial Log In and Enrollment in both the Training & Production Environments; and WIC Coordinator must log into both the Training and Production environments to activate Staff Accounts & Assigning Roles.
By registering for this training, I certify I have completed the above Pre-Work to attend IWIC Frontline Training
In order to receive a certificate of completion, you must attend both days and complete the assigned training scenarios.
PT - WIC
V. Mina Caban, BS; Marlin Hollis, BA, MPA; Monica Murphy-Hayes, BS, CLE